Monday 2 July 2012

Interview with {SWT}LoveMonkey

1 SWT clan have been running for over six years. What do you think has been the key to this longevity?

In my opinion it is keeping a fun and friendly enviroment, making a member feel that he's part of a family and not just a gaming clan and that you will be kicked if you are a bad player. Ofc we have our "Pro" players too in Elite team, you can also be there if you are "pro" and love wars and stuff but it's not the main focus.  People can come and meet new people and make friendships that can last for long and not really focus only in game; like recently I started a Pool league in SWT, it has nothing to do with SWAT but who cares as long we have fun together, that's SWT in my eyes. 

2 Apart from BS, what other game mode do you prefer if any (and why)?

SWT before if I'm not wrong was also known as a ViP clan but it got inactive so it turned to mostly BS. But pretty much in general we play BS against anyone and RD/VIP against anyone if a offical invitation comes in on our forum, 1.0 or 1.1.

Me personally, I prefer a bit of RD because I'm the worst swat player ever lol and in RD I can get points without killing anyone and die a lot lol. I just sneak around and get bomb as swat ofc but as susp I hate it because I can't do anything xD


3 There is a new BS tournament coming soon, with a whopping 100+ euro prize. Will you be participating?

Wow! Never heard of this but yeah I'm pretty sure some SWT will want to play it.

4 The never-ending debate about which version is better; 1.0 or 1.1 - what is your view on this?

I never really understood this. I'm not really sure since I don't play much and only tried 1.1 once.  I think it depends on servers and clans and people, people say 1.1 is more serious so its no fun and 1.0 is better because all play for fun but I see in 1.0 servers many people being serious and complain and stuff so you call 1.1 bad for being too serious but 1.0 is doing the same also. Pros love playing against Pros, people that don't care about score love playing with people who don't care about score so each person will have fun their own way so you can't really say which version is more fun.

I think only thing you can say is that 1.1 is better skill-wise because as I understand 1.1 is where pretty much all pros play so it would make sense that in skill they are better than 1.0 players and I don't think the rules would matter to be honest but in end who cares who's better, 1.1 ppl don't win anything for being better and 1.0 don't lose anything for being worse.

But for me personally I can't say much about 1.1 since I don't play there.  I have no problem with 1.1 people, I know some from there and they are cool, they have that "pro mentality" that I don't really like but nvm xD.  If a 1.1 BS/RD/VIP clan wants to play against SWT just invite us on forum. I always advise to invite on forum rather than invite a member on xfire because I think there will be more organization this way.

5 If one of your friends was caught on UAC, would you do what most seem to do and give them a second chance (with a clean second account)?

In my opinion we should never put games above friendship, cheater doesn't mean they are evil people so with this I mean if a friend of mine got caught cheating I would ban him from forum and server but I would still be his friend, a game shouldn't ruin a friendship I think unless it is a fake friendship.

But no I don't like cheating and I wouldn't give second chance because I think that sends the wrong message, if you ban a cheater then you must ban all cheaters even if they are your friends because if you don't it will send the message of "We hate cheating and we ban cheaters but if it's a friend he gets 2nd chance" :/ doesn't sound right or fair to me.

I would ban but still be friends xD if he still wants be my friend after that's another story xD